Monday, May 13, 2013

Escape with the Scent of a Soul


The Scent of a Soul
By: Jennifer Thompson




The Goodreads Blurb: Fleeing her recent past, Lilliah Woods finds refuge in the anonymity of the present day inner-city slums. As she settles into the seedy apartment she must now call home, she meets mysterious Marek Jamison when he materializes in her doorway demanding to know who she is. From that moment, he becomes a guardian and guide as she gradually discovers his hidden world. As their relationship develops, Lilliah learns of Marek's dark past and of a brothers' quarrel he has been embroiled in for years. The quarrel turns into a larger battle of good and evil, liberty versus tyranny, and the separation of love and lust. With Lilliah as the ultimate prize, the deadly conflict reaches out to threaten her family, and the outcome of the final battle will determine her fate. Lilliah must embark on an unexpected path that teaches her to trust in the man she has come to love, and give of herself as she never thought she could...



When I first heard the title I was a little thrown, but after reading the book I felt it really fit the novel. I was grateful that Jennifer Thompson gave me the chance to read her novel. I could tell a lot of time went into this work and it really was a success.

The novel is very long, at 57 chapters and 464 pages, but I don't feel like anything could have been left out. I read it in one day because the action makes it difficult to put down! I was frustrated every time I had to stop reading. I also felt like I got way more of a story. It builds up multiple characters and develops the major ones very strongly. I felt like it gives you more then most novels and this may come from the length or from the writing.

Lilliah is a strong female lead who I really admired and connected with. She values her family, sticks to her values, and knows how to take care of herself. But I also like that she can accept help and isn't too proud either. I think that she was a driving force for me in this book, because I liked her reactions and personality.

I love the relationship she develops with Marek. I felt the pacing for relationships and actions were well-done. I know for me I couldn't help but drool over some of the descriptions of Marek and go "I want one!". I also appreciated that this was a clean romance, since I always prefer not having to read that sort of thing.

I think all fans of paranormal romance will enjoy this read. It keeps your attention and is worth a chance. I know she is writing a continuation of two of the side characters stories called The Sound of a Silent Heart and I plan to read it when it comes out!

Check out The Scent of a Soul on Goodreads and Amazon.


 photo sig_zps0e4ec8eb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment